Marsden Cove Marina Directives
26 March 2020
The Government has directed a level 4 full shut down for New Zealand from
23:59 hours, Wednesday, 25 March 2020. The marina office will be closed from
Thursday, 26 March 2020.
As the Marina is now in “lock down” this means that there will be NO VESSELS
IN AND NO VESSELS OUT unless going out to anchor for the duration of the lock
down period or as advised by our Government.
As the levels have changed rapidly, Marinas have struggled to keep up with
how best to comply with the quarantine restrictions. There has been many
questions and you must still be prepared for changes with Government
directives and our guidelines.
If you are a customer with a boat within our facilities and not living aboard, DO
NOT VISIT YOUR BOAT unless absolutely necessary and more importantly, do
not enter any of the marina facility buildings.
Allowance has been granted to live aboard and use the shared facilities
located beneath the Marina’s office. This will be on a “one in” and “one out”
basis, keeping at all times a minimum of two (2) metres away from each other.
Contact us now if you are still travelling through New Zealand to discuss the
regulations as you will not be allowed to return to your boat! Phone: Brent
Wilson on 021 540888.
- Ann Marie, our wonderful devoted cleaner, has agreed to continue
cleaning twice every day for the duration of the lock down period to
ensure that the marina’s facilities are extensively cleaned. With respect
when Ann Marie or her staff are cleaning, she will display a sign at the
entrance of buildings not to enter and you must wait until they have
completed their tasks. This is to not only protect Ann Marie and her staff
but you as a customer. Please remember that Ann Marie’s team are
entering an isolated community.We have plenty of provisions i.e toilet paper, paper hand towels and
cleaning products. If for some reason we run out, please consider
sharing your boat’s stocks to help. Our staff are all skilled cleaners,
however if we all help in some way it will benefit everyone.
- During lock down we will allow on-board showers and washing with
biodegradable soaps/grey water.
- ABSOLUTELY NO DISCHARGE OF SEWAGE/BLACK WATER
- Use your holding tanks. Pump out’s at Marsden Cove Marina is
- Keep washing clothes in the laundry facilities to a bare minimum. Put
clothes into machine, note what time it will be finished and remove
ASAP. Do not fold washing or iron in our buildings. Only one person in
the wash house at a time!
- If you need gold coins or tally card top up’s, please ring Brent on 021
540888 to arrange to do so.
- Rubbish in the rubbish cage will still be removed weekly.
STAY ON BOARD AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE
- Only use our facilities and buildings when absolutely necessary.
- Do not stand and talk or socialise in or around any of the marina
- Keep your hands extremely clean by regularly washing your hands for
the directed 20 seconds of rubbing soap on before rinsing again in hot
water. Do not use the air dyers.
- The Marina lounge and office are closed.
- Keep your social distance of 2 metres outside of your boat in any area
of the marina and when getting provisions from store.
- Do not go aboard other boats unless crossing in a rafting situation.
- Do not allow/invite visitors aboard your boat or into any buildings.
- Security is programmed to continue.
- Remember do not touch surfaces around our facility if it can be avoided.
- If you are not feeling well, in particular experiencing any symptoms of
Covid-19 do not enter any buildings, advise marina management and
seek help from the Heathline, phone 0800 358 5453.
- Keep asking other people within the marina if they are feeling healthy,
which includes knocking on hulls where there is only one person living
If you are not happy with this situation you will need to make alternative
arrangements for your living accommodation now not later.
Some of our customers are over the age of 70 (greater risk). Please offer to help
with shopping or necessities to avoid them leaving our community.
Couriers will only be delivering essential packages to the marina office, keep
an eye on tracking information and check the office before 12:00 noon for any
last-minute packages coming in. It is uncertain yet if the letters/normal post
will still be delivered. We will keep you updated or ring Brent to check on 021
The yacht Evenstar, in the town basin marina on VHF has a morning net starting
up to stay informed and socially connected – probably 5 days a week. Please
assist them if they need a break. VHF 08 at 08.00
The marina staff will be working from home, phone if urgent, otherwise contact
us be email. Brent will be doing reduced duties around the marina.
If urgent phone Brent on 021 540888 or call 09 4327740 and leave a message.
Official Covid-19 NZ Government info – everything you need to know
Health advice for the general public – https://www.health.govt.nz/
This document will be e-mailed to all our customers and we will leave paper
copies around within buildings.
Please ask your neighbours and others in the marina if they have seen this
document, do not assume all residents have seen it.
We will miss chatting with our lovely marina community for a while and sincerely
wish you all well until the tide turns.
Make the most of the relaxing quiet time ahead and we expect our marina
community will endeavour to keep each other safe, help each other if required
and be kind.
The Marina Team
Marsden Cove Marina
48 Rauiri Drive, Marsden Cove
+64 9 4327740